Thursday, November 11, 2010

Don't throw away those Starbuck Frappuccino glasses!

I am addicted to Starbuck's Frappuccinos!  There - I've said it - now I can start my five step recovery program.  But seriously, I love them for two reasons - First, they are oh so delicious; Second, they make great votive holders.  After I finish my drink I peel off the labels and place the glass in the dishwasher.  There is usually a little residual glue still on the bottle; GooGone takes care of that.  Then I fill the jar with some black beans to keep the candle stable and to add to the "look".  Finish off with a pretty ribbon.  You would not believe how many of these glasses I have now.  I usually use them to line my walkway leading to my home when we are having company - just a little touch to make the evening a little more special.
* I don't use real candles because they can be a fire hazard.  In this example I have a battery operated candle.

Think of all of the other things you can do with these glasses...

2 comments: